Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello

I forgot when I decided I wanted to start this project. This isn’t even the first site I created. It’s the second one. I lagged so much on the first one I forgot all the necessaries to log in. Another unfinished project lost in the sea of information that is the internet. I always wondered about the different places on the internet that are no longer seen. They’re probably not all that great; sites with horrible design put together by some random who thought that Dummies book could actually teach them how to be creative. There are probably hundreds, thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of them out there; old pieces of code that produce clashing colors that unless some form of deletion-due-to-inactivity was implemented weren’t given the dignity of building dust.

Just hindsight.

That’s one of the few things any of us really have. So it’s important that we don’t forget. And that we have the strength to look at past shortcomings with an open self else all we’ll ever know how to do is run. Even now I cringe when I look at the first paragraph of this first blog post of mine. That’s how bad my procrastination is and how long this draft has been sitting on my laptop. I’ve moved forward enough to see myself trying to do what instead I should have been simply doing. But this is where that strength needs to come in.

I’m scared at looking back and thinking, “What a fool.” And I run. And though I never fail in the way I’m afraid of failing I fail to give myself the opportunity to change myself into the way I imagine I can be.

I don’t want to run anymore.

So I won’t. That paragraph will be left intact. I will remember that moment. I will remember the moment that I realized I was beyond that moment. And I will continue to do so with every piece of now I can capture through this project until something changes. Maybe I won’t need to remember. But until then…

Enjoy the music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment